Tuesday, July 1, 2014

completely off of pharmaceuticals....

It has taken a total of 5 months to slowly, painfully wean the medicine from my son's system.  I started wtih a razor blade and took off small pieces every 4 days.  The weaning process itself was good because we went so slow.  He has been off for 3 days now and we are seeing some withdrawal symptoms.  Nausea and vomiting until midday; then he has a voracious appetite.  Very restless sleeping moving, sitting up and all over the bed all night and therefore very sleepy until midday.  We have had a total of three seizures in the last 3 days following a wonderful...did I say that loud enough....WONDERFUL week.

We are at full alert, since we know the character of the seizures could change without the medication...that wasn't stopping them.  As a side note, his neurologist agreed the drugs were doing nothing but they didn't have anything else to offer us.

I have been in contact with his unani doctor weekly with updates and he answers so quickly and reassuringly.  I wish I had a doctor in the US that really believed and conveyed to me that he will be fine!!!!!

Unani medicine...ok here is what we are doing...

khameerae gaozaban-1/2 tea spoon empty stomach with a glass of milk in the morning

Habb Azaraqi 1/2 tab daily after break fast

itrifal usthoqudus- given at bedtime mix in half cup of warm water. 1/2 tea spoon

This is our schedule for a little while yet; then the doctor will let me know if we should change anything.

I would like to note the article talked about  Delphinium Denudatum, which in unani medicine is Habbe Jawahar.  We haven't even taken that yet.  I do have it in my possession but the doctor doesn't know if he will need it.

We have never gone more than two weeks without a seizure so that is when I will start partying but for now two weeks ago and the times before that the routine was that he was having at least one just about every night.

Each one of you are in my thoughts as you have your struggles/challenges but please don't give up.  We can all help each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment