Thursday, June 12, 2014

I am having a little celebration!

A few exciting things.  First we haven't had a nighttime seizure in a few days!  Next, we continue the wean of the pharmaceuticals and my son is almost drug free...I see his personality coming out.  It has been muted for the past year, and I forget.

Last night my son asked me to sing him a lullaby before dozing off to sleep and this am he woke early before anyone else and wanted  to get up.  Now let me explain why this gives me chills...

Last year, before this all started happening this was life.  I sang a few verses of a lullaby before bed and he used to wake up early and I used to be so agitated because I wanted just a little more sleep.  We were living in two story home at the time and he was 5; if he wanted to get up I had to get up and go downstairs with him!  This morning he woke up like old times...too early and I was too tired but now he is 6 and we live in a rancher.  He was able to go in the room next to mine and play.  It is almost like some of his behaviors are picking up where they left off a year ago before the drugs.  I may be reading too much into this but I don't care...I am allowed to celebrate anything and everything I want!

Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I am taking my child to see an ayurvedic practitioner for the first time in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we will see this result too!

    ReplyDelete